Sunday, January 18, 2009

Going Back



I’m not sure how I feel about coming back. On the one hand I’m really excited to be back in the realm of familiarity, but on the other I’m a bit reluctant to see this brief, but intricately beautiful chapter in my life slowly vanish. It seemed like a dream, an exposure to a completely foreign world that I was allowed access to but for a brief second. Now all I have as proof of this time is the strength of my memory. I began to get emotional today while traveling through the various airports, trying to comprehend this transition from here to there. How will it feel to be placed back into the dizzying pace that is so characteristic of the American lifestyle? I have nearly forgotten my old life among the gentle, steady heartbeat of Kraków.

No comments: