Monday, October 6, 2008

Uniwersytet Jagielloński



Today marks the beginning of my courses at Uniwersytet Jagiellonski. It was a bit intimidating stepping into the school building, with so many different languages colliding in the air. I kind of felt like the new kid in high school, who transfered junior year. Completely disoriented.

I got a bit lost on my way to class, but made it to Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism just in time. The classroom itself was very similar to the American ones I had been frequenting for the past three years. My professor was much more relaxed than I had anticipated, since I expected a more traditional teaching approach with a lecture hall and hundreds of students inhaling the professor's every word. Instead there was only around fifty students and our teacher treated us as equals, allowing discussion and questions.

No comments: